Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Quick Catch Up

It's Memorial Day! According to social media, EVERYONE else is on summer break...I know...that's not true. I just keep seeing so many happy kiddos and parents. If you're one of those "already on summer break" types, congrats on making it to the end of the year.

As I mentioned before, we're in the middle of testing, which is a sign that the end of the year is near.

I wanted to give a quick rundown of some of my outfits from this week and then I'm off on my own Memorial Day adventure. I'm going to visit a farm for retired thoroughbred horses. I'm kind of excited and completely unsure of what to expect.

I gave you my testing day basics last time, but let me back up and give you Wednesday's outfit and then move forward to Friday/Sunday.

This week I looked super teacher-y all week. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, it's just that some times I'm a bit more of a stereotype than other days. Any week that involves a comfy dress, a cardigan and chinos is a super teacher-y week.

The weather was weird here all week, so I wanted to spend Wednesday in layers that would work no matter what happened to our classroom temperature. I've talked more than once about my love of dresses, but all of those have been a bit more on the dressy side of the spectrum. Wednesday's dress is part of my end of the year collection. These dresses are awesome because they are summer dresses that are fit for work. I wear these dresses when I go out for dinner on a summer night or I wear them with a jean jacket to work during the last few weeks of school--when I am more likely to need to haul books back to the book room or find myself in a rather warm room because the AC can't quite get it together. At the end of the year, it's really hard to motivate myself to put on confining clothes, and these dresses are a good middle ground between my start-of-the-year grown-up outfits and my last week of school "whatever's clean" outfits. I know that some people could wear these all year long and look put together. I'm just short, and I have a rather high-pitched voice, so I do all I can to separate myself from the student population early on in the year, so I save these for later on in the year.

I bought this specific dress from LOFT a few years ago when they had about a million really cute summer dresses. I loaded up, and I'll tell the truth. I wore those 3-4 dresses on repeat for the last month of school. They also have some pretty cute ones this year. Here are a few:
I would wear this one all the time.

Primary Image of Embroidered Split Neck Dress

This one also seems fun.

Primary Image of Floral Drawstring Henley Dress

This one even comes in petite for us short folks.

Primary Image of Crochet Sleeveless Maxi Dress

I paired it with my jean jacket. No joke--I bought a jean jacket when I was in college and just bought its replacement last year. Yay for things that stay in style forever. Here are a few options:

A good basic jacket

Denim jacket

The classic

product photo


And I'm wearing the shoes I've talked about a few times. Here's the link, again.

I am also wearing a long necklace that I'm a fan of. Here are a few options:

Love this layering...
Primary Image of Layered Lariat Necklace

Another option
Thumbnail Image of Color Swatch 6090 Image of Mixed Metallic Drop Pendant Necklace


As I said, I was pretty teacher-y this week. The summer dress on Wednesday, the cardigan on Thursday, and then I went for the chinos and chambray shirt on Friday. I feel like all of these are the things you think of teachers wearing. And I'm okay with that. There's a reason teachers wear these--because they work well with what teachers do all day.





On Friday, I found myself wearing chambray again. I got a new pair of chinos from Gap and wanted to give them a try. I love them. I am not really a camo person, so this is as close to camo as I get. I had worn this shirt before with pants that were less fitted, and I thought it looked less-than-flattering, so I though the more fitted pair of pants would work better.










Here's the top.
But it's not my favorite anymore...
product photo

I actually like this one better.
product photo

The pants are a hit though. I like them a lot, and they come in so many colors. They don't have this pair online anymore, but these are close.
product photo

On a final note, I wore these pants again on Sunday (feel free to judge me). I went a different route (but it still involved chambray, of course). Please note that I look terrible, but that's what happens when a late flight couples with two REALLY early mornings. I just thought I would share another option for patterned pants. You know I care about you, dear reader, if I'm willing to post a picture of my haggard self to show you another outfit option. Feel loved.

Here is the short-sleeved sweater, and you could pair it with any sleeveless collared shirt.

This one has sleeves, but it still might work.



And I think this is the same sweater.
Short-sleeve sweater

Okay--I think that's a quick wrap-up. Have a great start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment