Monday, October 9, 2017

A Few More Fall Ideas and Hamlet the Pig

As I keep waiting for full-on fall to hit, and keep remembering that I live in the DMV, so that's not a thing, I keep trying to balance comfort with seasonally appropriate outfits. I've also been working to balance my work life, personal life, and course work. I've come to discover that I'm not sure you can balance them. It might be more of enjoying each and catching up on the others later. A few weeks ago, my favorite night of the year happened--Opera in the Outfield
It combines all the lovely things about DC:
1. Free things
2. Professional sports
3. Amazing artists
4. Interesting people

Basically, the Nats let people come sit on their field and watch the opera for free. Oh--and Mars sponsors it so they also give you free candy. It's like Halloween for adults. And it really is like Halloween because now they even let you try on costumes and take pictures:



Image result for michael a taylor nationalsI mean, what's not to love? The only thing I really dislike about the idea of going to the opera is having to stay in my seat and be quiet for so long. This solves that problem, includes tater tots, and gives me a chance to run around in the same place where Michael A. Taylor stands before he robs people of home runs.


But on to what I've been wearing to work. As I mentioned in the last post, I've been rather committed to the sleeveless dress/cardigan look. And I realized last Friday that I've worn the same thing, basically, every Friday since school started. Here are a few of my favorite looks from the weeks:


I loved both of these because they let me mix neutrals and color. And I liked throwing a belt on with the second dress to break things up. 

Primary Image of Pocket Sheath Dress

product photo

And if you're lazy like me and simply stock up on colored cardigans so you can just grab things in your closet and go to work, this is a great time of year. Here are a few cute cardigan options:
Merino wool Caryn cardigan sweater

Cotton Caryn cardigan sweater

product photo

Since it's been SOOO long since I posted, I have about a million pictures, so here are a few more dress options for fall. The first one I wore in the spring with Birks, but I think it worked better with these shoes. 





The other dress is one I got SUPER on sale and with a gift card from J Crew in the spring.  I can't find anything similar, and it was probably too spring-y to be worn in the fall, but whatever. 

And I end this incredibly long post with a boring picture that confirms that I do indeed wear the same uniform each Friday: flow-y shirt, cardigan and jeans. Okay--I'll try not to get so far behind and to be full of more wit and humor on the next post, but I'm signing off for the night. 


I'll leave you with one of my favorite videos:


No comments:

Post a Comment